To access Outlook Online:
- Go to: portal.office.com
- Sign using your Passport York Username (email@example.com) and Passport York password.
- Typically, you will see Outlook displayed under your suggested apps
- If you don't, you can select Explore all your apps to locate it
- Or, you can click the tile icon in the top-left corner to find it
To set up Outlook on your Android device, click here!
To set up Outlook on your iOS device, click here!
- On the BlackBerry 10 home screen, select Settings
- On the System Settings page, select Accounts, then Advanced
- On the Advanced Setup page, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter the settings for your account as follows
- In Description, enter YorkU
- Leave the Domain field blank
- In Username, type your full email address
- In Email Address, type your full email address
- In Password, type your Passport York password
- In Server address, enter outlook.office365.com.
- Select Next. The Checking for supported services and policy information message display
- On the next page, specify the information you want to sync, and then select Done. The Saving and verifying your settings message displays
- Go to the BlackBerry Hub to access your email account
- On the home screen, select Calendar. Pull down from the top of your screen to display the drop-down menu, select Manage. Remove the checkmark from Local Calendar (Home) and ensure YorkU Calendar is selected.
Below is the information required to configure IMAP, SMTP and POP connections:
|Server name||Port||Requires SSL (TLS)|
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server:||outlook.office365.com||993||Yes|
|Incoming Mail (POP) Server:||outlook.office365.com||995||Yes|
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server:||smtp.office365.com||587||Yes|
For more information on IMAP connections, click here!
To access your O365 email account via Apple (Mac) Mail:
1. Open Apple Mail and click Mail
2. Click Add Account
3. Select Exchange and click Continue
4. Enter your name, Office 365 email address and password
5. Click Sign In
Note: If Microsoft cannot find your account, you will be asked to enter your details manually:
• Username = PassportYorkID@yorku.ca
• Password = PassportYorkPassword
• Server = outlook.office365.com
• Domain = leave blank
6. Click Done (you can come back and edit these settings at any point)
If a shared mailbox you have access does not appear automatically beneath your personal account in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Windows Desktop: To add a shared mailbox using the Windows Outlook desktop client, click here!
- Mac Desktop: To add a shared mailbox using the Mac Outlook desktop client, click here!
- Web: To add a shared mailbox using the Outlook web client, click here!
- Mobile: To add a shared mailbox using the Outlook mobile app, click here!
- IMAP: To add a shared mailbox using IMAP, click here!
If you require access to a migrated shared mailbox, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.